»

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy October!

Happy October, everyone! October is one of my favorite months, usually. I love Halloween, and finally was invited to a Halloween party where I get to dress up. I'm really excited, although I have no idea what I should be. I say it's usually my favorite month. My birthday is this month, and for the first time I am NOT looking forward to it. It's the big 3-5. I know, I know, no big deal, right? Well, I feel like I'm having my mid-life crisis early! I do not want to be 35. Ugh, maybe this will be the best year yet, but for some reason it surely doesn't feel like it!

On a brighter note, I am learning how to sew! My mom (being the wonderful mom that she is) got a sewing machine for me as an early birthday present since I was in town visiting her, and she wanted to show me how to get started. It's great, I'm looking for a sewing class to take (hopefully with the bestie), and have been making pillows and experimenting. I would happily accept any advice that you seasoned sewers have for a newbie! 

My Etsy shop is still open, although it's a little slow at the moment. If you know anyone looking for a cute gift (Christmas is right around the corner), come and check out my shop, Mia & Mo! I will be doing a craft fair, The Mistletoe Market on November 10th. If you're in the Raleigh area, stop by and see us! 

I hope to do better about posting gift ideas as well. I seem to fall off the blogosphere more often than I would like! 

 This is a pillow that I made for each of the kitties, so they can learn their cat breeds!
This is a pillowcase that I made for my travel pillow, as I can never find one that is pretty!

Stay safe and healthy as the dreaded flu season arrives, and I'll talk to you all soon!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new purple Halloween background, so festive! I have seen some really cute Halloween costumes on Pintrest. I saw one where there girl dressed as a loofah, its adorable. I cant wait for your craft show in Nov!! And I esp can't wait to celebrate your Bday, you dont look a day over 21 girlie!